Connecticut Retirement Plans and Trust Funds is considering Axium Infrastructure for a $200m (€184m) commitment, an investment that would represent their first partnership.  

The commitment if approved will be placed into AxInfra NA II, a $7.1bn entity that comprises the AxInfra US II and Axium Infrastructure Canada II open-ended funds.

Connecticut Retirement intends to place $150m into AxInfra US II and $50M into the Axium Infrastructure Canada II fund.

The funds have a $300m entry queue which is expected to be called by the manager in the first half of 2024.

The funds target net internal rate of return of 7% to 9%, of which 3% to 5% is a net cash yield.

The funds’ portfolio of 252 individual assets have a heavy concentration in the US, which accounts for 96% of the assets, with the remaining 4% invested in Canada.

Renewable power and network utilities account for 39% and 34% of the assets respectively with transportation representing 13%, power generation excluding renewable accounting for 9% and social infrastructure representing 5% of the portfolio.

To read the latest IPE Real Assets magazine click here.