The infrastructure arm of Nordic private asset manager CapMan has raised €375m for its second fund and has already made four investments.

CapMan Infra said the CapMan Nordic Infrastructure II fund, which was set up in 2022, secured around 30% of its capital commitments from Finnish investors with the remaining 70% of the capital contribution coming from European and North American institutional investors, including pension funds, insurers, funds of funds, trusts, and family offices.

CapMan Nordic Infrastructure II invests in Nordic energy, transportation, and digital infrastructure assets with low risk and stable cash flows, the manager said.

The investment strategy focuses on “actively originating investments with a local team and creating value by developing the portfolio companies”, the manager added.

Ville Poukka, managing partner at CapMan Infra, said: “The well-performing investments of our first infrastructure fund have proven that our Nordic-focused fund and local team can create value as an owner and developer of infrastructure businesses.

“Our investments in Nordic infrastructure that support the green transition have gained interest among a large group of international investors, which delights us.”

The fund’s investments so far include investments in two data centre platforms, an investment in solar energy developer Skarta Energy and an investment in aquaculture industry transportation infrastructure provider Napier.

To read the latest IPE Real Assets magazine click here.